Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Presidential Election

Obviously the thing on the forefront of every one's mind today is the results of yesterday's Presidential Election. I must say, although I know there are many people out there that are not Obama supporters, we as a Nation had a huge victory last night. Not because Barack Obama won the Presidential Election but because we as a Nation proved that we will no longer judge someone "by the color of their skin but by the content of their character".

Barack Obama is hands down the more qualified candidate for this position, regardless of the color of his skin. YES, I am absolutely ecstatic to have lived in a time where I was able to see the Country's 1st Black President elected, but more so I am proud to know that this election America spoke up. This election the people went out and voted and this election the people's cries have been heard!

If you didn't stay up long enough to hear his speech...please, please, please I urge you YouTube it, google it or find it on CNN and watch it. That speech and that speech alone is all you need to see or hear to know that this year America made a fantastic decision. This year America chose a President that is compassionate, loyal, inspirational, but above all clearly serious about his presidency!

My husband and I were sitting in our living room watching CNN as many of our fellow Americans were, and it was there that we were able to see the sheer awesomeness that is our country. Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, all races joined in Chicago to wait for the announcement of our 44Th President of the United States, a Black Man! I was moved by the crowd, such a diverse group cheering and dancing...men, women, children of all races, all the happiest the Nation has been in a long time. We have ourselves to thank for that, we have finally achieved, even if for just last night, we have finally achieved Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream...and we are now living it!

I cannot wait to see what next year has in store for us as I am confident Barack Obama is going to be one of the best Presidents this country has ever elected!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good good good......

Ronald Funderburk said...

your post resonates with me. Although America didn't allow race to get in the way of electing the best candidate for the job, America showed that it still harbors hate and ill will towards a minority trying to excel. The deep southern states (Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas) voted unanimously for John McCain. I would argue that these states have the most to gain under an Obama administration. Obama has made it clear that he wants to invest in education and other infrastructure related projects that will serve as the foundation of our upward movement.

Keep posting. You might move me to make my thoughts known here soon.